A.I mental health diagnosis
Social Economic Development Solutions works with A.I. based systems and solutions to diagnose and treat mental illness trends. The scary part about mental health is that people don’t want to look for help because they feel alone. With 2.6% of the Canadian population openly having these issues (and millions more who are not represented), that couldn’t be further from the truth.
Here are some innovative solutions using technology that promote mental health and wellness:
- The World Well-Being Project has been analyzing social media and picking out linguistic cues that predict depression. Their findings? Lots of us suffer from depression and express it on social media. Half a million Facebook posts tell us there’s a certain language used which can predict and diagnose depression three months before a formal diagnosis. Their works were published in the National Academy of Sciences.
- Computerized cognitive therapy has grown in popularity. Companies are using chat applications that provide counseling services that analyze conversations. These conversations serve to find common ground between those who have already been diagnosed with depression and those who haven’t. With a big enough sample size, we find these problems; before they’re problems, giving us a better chance to treat and support those in need.
- A cell-phone application has recently been created for those suffering from depression, bipolar disorder, and other mental health issues. This application allows users to speak directly into the phone creating an audio log. This audio log is analyzed by artificial intelligence to study changes in behavior, recognize patterns, and promote proactive mental health solutions.
There are countless other A.I. based solutions out there, with these only representing a few. Social Economic Development Solutions is digging into what really causes mental illness and how we can get ahead of it.
For information and support
Kids Help Phone at 1-800-668-6868 to connect with a counsellor who can help you
- Lesbian Gay Bi Trans Youth Line at 1-800-268-9688 for confidential, free, non-judgmental peer support Sunday-Friday 4:00-9:30 PM
- Addiction Helpline at 1-866-332-2322 if you are having a bad drug-use experience or just need some information on safe sex or drugs
Check out Useful Links in our Resource Section